Welcome to the latest edition of our #MidWeekMusic feature, where we bring you NEW INFORMATION AND FACTS about Excellent New Music that you should listen to so you can make your way towards Friday like...
So on this fine SuperBowl-infused week, we're bringing you some new information on the Lorde-endorsed and critically acclaimed songwriter Raury.
1. STYLE. Generally speaking, Raury's music doesn't stick to just one genre: his songs span a blend of hip-hop, funk, R&B and indie... and his debut 2014 album Indigo Child was entirely a "concept album," and solely "written from the viewpoint of a young kid who was looked down upon... an underdog".
2. FANS. Famous fans of his work include known music connoisseur and General Person Of Good Taste, Ella Yelich-O'Connor: you might well recognise his addition to the Lorde-curated 2014 Mockingjay soundtrack.
3. HAT. Important hat facts: you'll never find Raury sans sunhat.
He says it stays with him asreminder to stay grounded, having kept it with him through a 2-week period of "soul searching" at a youth program living out in a forest. See COMPLEX: Raury Explains Origin Of Sunhat
4. SONG COVERS. Kanye West and Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit" are among his catalogue.
5. OUTKAST. Previously suffering from stage fright, it was only when he opened for OutKast in 2014 (playing in front of 20,000 people) that the nerves finally disappeared.
6. COLLABORATIONS. You may also recognise him from the Neighbourhood's track "Warm".
Raury with the crew.
7. FINAL FACT: "Cigarette Song" is Your New Jam. GO.