Fake Happy Paramore Download 'Fake Happy' on iTunes
28 April 2016, 12:13
Here's the view from down the front at Melanie's debut UK show.
Fresh from her chat with PopBuzz, Melanie Martinez played her first ever European show in London last night to a sold out crowd of screaming fans and we were there to capture all the action.
We arrived nice and prompt for the 9 o'clock start at popular gay club/gig venue/glorified underground corridor Heaven, surrounded by mini Melanies in full cosplay, ready to see the "Cry Baby Tour" in all its glory.
Here's what went down when Melanie hit London.
1) Lights down, much screaming.
2) A band appear dressed as teddy bears. We can't decide if we find this adorable or creepy AF.
3) Melanie pops out of a giant crib-shaped box! Surprise!!!
4) "Cry Baby" kicks in. The whole crowd chants every lyric in unison.
5) A sea of phones lights up the audience.
Seriously, EVERYONE is recording this to watch again tomorrow.
6) SIDE NOTE: This gig has its own Snapchat filter! How baller is that?!?!
7) "Dollhouse". Wait...is she going to play the whole album in order?
8) "Sippy Cup". Wow, she really is going to play the whole album in order.
9) Melanie says if Donald Trump becomes president, she will move to London. Cue more screams.
10) Merch is seriously on point! We already have the album but still quite want a CD copy.
11) "Cake" before the encore. Now we want cake. The lollies available from the toilet attendant for a £1 will have to do.
12) Encore time, "Mad Hatter" to close. Melanie exits.
13) The whole crowd sings Happy Birthday (it's her 21st birthday the next day). She returns to the stage and thanks us all again.
It's all very sweet.
And that's about it. Melanie continues her tour of Europe, returning to London for a second sold-out show at the O2 Kentish Town Forum at the end of the month.