15 Hidden TV Easter Eggs That You (Probably) Didn't Spot
13 February 2018, 16:09
Did you catch these little details the first time around?
One of the most interesting parts of watching TV has to be spotting the little easter eggs left by showrunners, producers, and writers. If you watch a lot of TV, you might already be aware of some of these, but here are a few TV easter eggs that truly had us shook.
1) 'Drake & Josh' gave a nod to Miranda Cosgrove in its final episode, flashing the message "now she's Carly" outside the movie theatre where Josh worked. Miranda's role after 'Drake & Josh' was, of course, 'iCarly'.
2) 'American Horror Story: Cult# snuck in references to previous characters with this comic featuring Pepper, Jimmy Darling, and Meep on the cover.
via FOX/American Horror Story
3) At the end of "Riverdale" season 1, Kevin's boyfriend Joaquin boards a bus to "San Junipero", a fictional town from "Black Mirror".
4) On "Stranger Things", Hopper is always seen wearing his dead daughter's hair tie as a bracelet. Then, in the dance scene at the end of season 2, Eleven is wearing that same bracelet.
via Netflix/Stranger Things
5) The mice in the final episode of "Black Mirror" season 4 have the same names as two characters from Black Mirror season 3: Hector and Kenny from "Shut Up and Dance".
via Black Mirror/Netflix
6) "Game of Thrones" showrunners had to apologise after fans noticed a decapitated head on a spike prop that bore a striking resemblance to former US president George W. Bush.
via HBO/Getty/JIM WATSON
7) After "Rick and Morty" creator Dan Harmon got a divorce, the end card of the show changed from this...
via Adult Swim
via Adult Swim
8) On "Orange Is The New Black", Jason Biggs (Larry) makes a joke referencing his "American Pie" character's antics.
via Netflix/ESPN Grantland
via American Pie/Buzzfeed
9) The Good Place and Parks and Rec take place in the same universe as evidenced by these copies of the fictional magazine, "Celebrity Baby"
Just discovered that The Good Place takes place in the Parks and Rec universe and now by whole brain is crying. pic.twitter.com/UjtJLSclrA— Words From Darran (@ShinraAlpha) February 6, 2018
10) Here is a cheeky nod to "Spongebob" hidden within "Hey Arnold"
11) 'Breaking Bad' foreshadowed Jane's exact death multiple times.
12) A Popsugar writer discovered Dylan Minette on Google Maps, presumably while he was filming exterior shots for '13 Reasons Why'.
via Google Maps/Popsugar
13) Dexter and The Powerpuff Girls were classmates and can be seen in the background of eachother's shows multiple times.
via Cartoon Network
14) Supergirls' Alex Danvers (who is played by the same actress that played Lexie Grey on Grey's Anatomy) references being a doctor in Seattle aka, where Grey's Anatomy is set.
15) 'How I Met Your Mother' hid a numerical countdown to the death of an important character in plain sight.
via CBS via CBS