12 Tell-Tale Signs That You Might Be A Pop Punk Cliché
30 September 2016, 14:48 | Updated: 8 May 2017, 17:09
The first step is accepting that POP PUNK WILL NEVER DIE.
Pop punk: it's a genre, it's a style, it's a way of life. But sometimes you might let your guard down, and without warning it takes over you, turning you into the parent-hating, Vans-wearing cliché that 2006-you warned you about.
But it's not too late! As long as no more than 6 of the following 12 signs apply to you, you might not be a pop punk cliché just yet. So put on your favourite Warped compilation, grab a slice of pizza and read on:
1) You refuse to throw these out until after the next gig.
2) The Fall Out Boy hiatus was the longest period of your LIFE.
3) Warped Tour is basically your favourite place you've never been.
4) You hate this town...
5) ...But love your friends.
6) You're still bitter about the end of Drive-Thru Records.
7) You still put Sum 41 on your party playlist in 2015.
8) Half your time on the internet involves arguing about whether or not something is pop-punk.
9) All it takes is that one note. That ONE FRICKING NOTE.
10) Nobody REALLY understands your pizza obsession.
11) Also, you wanted to be totally offended by this video, but couldn't find the lie.
12) You have ever posted, worn, thought about or even looked too long at this thing.
How did you do? Are you safe from pop punk cliché-dom, or are you "In Too Deep"? Let us know in the comments below.