People On Twitter Are Mixing Food Puns With Video Game Titles And It's Glorious
18 November 2015, 13:22 | Updated: 8 May 2017, 17:09
Entering the weird side of Twitter again.
Today is one of those days where I wish people would stop writing YouTube books and look into Twitter instead. Thanks to @midnight, the #hungrygames hashtag is now a thing and people are going to town with it.
The premise is simple: insert food items into your favourite movie/video game/pop culture titles. Optimise punnage. Hilarity ensues. Can you believe we've had three books and four movies and nobody thought to do this until last night?
Here's a selection of the best tweets, in no particular order.
1. I relate to this.
2. So topical.
Cauliflower of Duty #HungryGames— Jared Montana (@Jarmadillos) November 18, 2015
3. The one where you steal people's rice and throw it at unsuspecting streetwalkers.
4. Literally my life tho.
5. Next Level punning ability.
6. Please kindly google TMI and stop doing this to my feed.
7. The taco fandom is strong on Twitter.
8. This one made me lol.
Metal Gear Salad #HungryGames— Dan Schwab (@KeyToons) November 18, 2015
9. So like... every Friday night basically?
10. Why is this so funny??? Like, I can't stop laughing, but why?