The Ja'mie King GIF Guide To Making Friends At University
22 September 2015, 13:48 | Updated: 8 May 2017, 17:09
Making new friends at University can be intimidating. Everyone has those anxious thoughts like 'what if I don't make any friends?' or 'what if people hate me?'
Thankfully there is someone very experienced in this field who has some sage advice about making friends.
Ja'mie King started Summer Heights High with no friends at all but she quickly become the most popular girl in school. It's always best to get tips from the pros so here's a GIF guide to making friends the Ja'mie way.
1) Don't be fake with people. Be yourself.
2) But not too honest. No one needs to know about that initiation ceremony involving you and a dead pig at college.
3) Try to be modest about your achievements thus far.
4) And try not to compare your new friends to your old friends. True friendship takes time.
5) Solidarity with your fellow students is always appreciated.
6) Don't be scared to try new things. You'll meet more people if you broaden your horizons a little bit.
7) If you're fed up with your situation, make a meaningful change.
8) Be supportive to others. Celebrate their victories as much as you would your own.
9) Go on day trips together and make memories.
10) Bond over stories from your childhood.
11) Wear whatever makes you feel comfortable. You shouldn't have to dress to impress your friends.
12) Try not to let over people's perceptions influence your behaviour.
13) If things hit a rough patch a little early in your new friendship, don't panic. Sometimes a little time apart will be all that's needed.
14) Unless they are really horrible to you. If so, you know what to do.
15) Try not to dwell on their negativity.
16) You're quiche. You'll be fine no matter what.
17) You'll find people who love and respect you for who you truly are.
18) You just want the best for those you care about. People will understand that.