15 Memes You'll Only Understand If 'Queer Eye' Makes You Cry Every Time
23 February 2018, 14:20 | Updated: 26 June 2018, 09:57
Queer Eye saved 2018. FACTS ONLY.
Netflix's 2018 reboot of the mid-00s cultural phenomenon, Queer Eye For The Straight Guy is giving people a lot of feelings. If you're not familiar, five gay men visit the home of a dude who has been "nominated" to receive a life overhaul from the fab 5.
But it's not your average makeover show. People are getting seriously emotional at how wholesome and uplifting Queer Eye is and the collective tears will not stop flowing.
1) Each guy has a super important role to play.
New #QueerEye -— Aoife Wilson (@AoifeLockhart) February 20, 2018
Tan: Here’s a new shirt.
Bobby: Let’s buy you a nice mattress.
Antoni: This is how you make a sandwich.
Jonathan: Let’s oil that beard!
Karamo: You are beautiful and deserving of love.
2) And it's safe to say none of us expected we would become SO EMOTIONALLY INVESTED in every person on screen.
Me: Pfft I guess I’ll watch the first couple minutes of Queer Eye just to see what it’s about.— Shayne Topp (@supershayne) February 18, 2018
[5 hours later]
Me: *Tears streaming down my face* He’s honestly rocking that new wardrobe with such confidence I’m so proud of him.
3) Karamo and Tan just wrap you in a cocoon of positivity and light and it's so damn pure.
4) We also live for Jonathan hyping up the guys during their hair/beard cuts and building up their confidence!!
BIG MOOD: Watching AJ glow up pic.twitter.com/EfX8nfmMFa— Queer Eye (@QueerEye) February 19, 2018
fyi this conversation on queer eye was THE funniest exchange i have ever seen on television pic.twitter.com/ou6hvq6Skj— zoë "of house" owens (@punkrockzo) February 23, 2018
5) They get it.
6) The fact that it only had 8 episodes feels like a wrong that NEEDS overcorrection.
Dear @QueerEye aka @netflix,— Adam Hattan (@adamhattan) February 17, 2018
I need 9 more seasons greenlit. Each season needs a MINIMUM of 24 episodes. I want Antoni kitchenware. I want Jonathan grooming products. I want branded pens. I want action figures. I want a road show. GET TO IT. I will not repeat myself. #QueerEye
7) And the crying...
I’m getting dehydrated from crying watching @QueerEye every night.— gabrus (@jongabrus) February 21, 2018
8) There are A LOT of tears.
Three Days Ago: Why are people talking about crying while watching Queer Eye?— Guy Branum (@guybranum) February 18, 2018
9) It's just part of the experience.
Them: So you're liking Queer Eye?— Jams Wad (@jamesodinwade) February 18, 2018
Me: *between sobs*...they...helped him...get better shorts...and then they all became friennnnnds
10) Okay, but did anyone else find this randomly inspiring?
11) Finding out AJ and Andre are engaged 100% made your heart SOAR.
WE'VE GOT SOME NEWS THAT WILL MAKE YOUR WEEK!— Queer Eye (@QueerEye) February 22, 2018
AJ AND DREY GOT ENGAGED
OUR GAY HEARTS ARE EXPLODING pic.twitter.com/Qqe0MWRvA4
12) Jonathan and Bobby unpacking harmful and reductive stereotypes with compassion and patience was AN IMPORTANT LEARNING MOMENT FOR TOM.
Are you the husband or the wife? Hunny, let’s unpack that. pic.twitter.com/I1KE8RVfJF— Queer Eye (@QueerEye) February 20, 2018
13) me: *in my bedroom at 2 am, tears streaming down my face, watching Queer Eye and chanting* "FRIENDSHIP! FRIENDSHIP! FRIENDSHIP!"
When your friends are doing amazing and living their best lives pic.twitter.com/xSkRIlnfKS— Queer Eye (@QueerEye) February 22, 2018