How to reverse video and sound on TikTok
9 November 2020, 16:59
Emma Chamberlain does the Tim Burton character challenge on TikTok
How do you put a video in reverse on TikTok? Here's an easy guide on reversing video and sound on the app.
Do you ever see a video on TikTok and think: "How did they manage to do that? Did they edit it in TikTok or did they edit it outside of the app?" Lots of memes and challenges on the app require users to use some of TikTok's built-in effects.
One of those effects is Reverse video – but how do you use it?
Whether you're taking part in a challenge, or are using the reverse effect to recreate that Avengers Assemble pool challenge, here's three different ways you can reverse a video – and sound – on TikTok.
How do you reverse a video on TikTok?
How to reverse sound and video on TikTok
There is currently no possible way to reverse the sound of your TikTok at the same time as you reverse the video, using TikTok's own editing tool.
However, the Kapwing Online reverse tool reverses the entire video, including the sound. Here's how to do it.
1) Get the URL of the video you want to reverse.
2) Paste the URL into the Kapwing tool.
3) Select the speed, make sure the sound is on and hit 'Create'.
4) Download the video once you're happy with it and off you go.
How to reverse your own video on TikTok
1) Open TikTok, tap the '+' button to either start recording your new video or upload the video you want to reverse.
2) Once you've selected the video, tap 'Next' and select 'Effects' at the bottom of the screen.
3) Tap 'Time' and then 'Reverse', and the video should begin playing backwards on your screen.
4) Once you're happy with the results, hit 'Save' and then upload your video.
How to reverse someone else's TikTok
1) Open TikTok and download the video you want to reverse.
2) Tap the '+' button and upload the video you want to reverse.
3) Once you've selected the video, tap 'Next' and select 'Effects' at the bottom of the screen.
4) Tap 'Time' and then 'Reverse', and the video should begin playing backwards on your screen.
5) Once you're happy with the results, hit 'Save' and then upload your video.
If the video is not available to download, you can simply take the URL of the TikTok you want to reverse and put it into Kapwing's online reverse tool and save it that way. Simple as that.