This Girl’s Selfie Got Dragged On Twitter And The Reason Why Is So Damn Relatable
10 January 2017, 12:38 | Updated: 8 May 2017, 17:09
All we ever really want when we post a fire selfie is for at least 15 likes on Instagram and a few nice comments, right? Twitter user Alyssa posted a fire selfie to her Twitter expecting something along those lines but there was something about it that got the rest of the Twittersphere losing their damn minds.
While 75% of our body was preparing to scream "YAAAAAS" at the top of our lungs at her lewk, the other 25% couldn't take our eyes of the state of her damn bedroom!
Going to dinner because I needed an excuse to wear this pic.twitter.com/UpeVG8y5SJ— alyssa (@og_pocahontas) December 23, 2016
Needless to say, the responses to Alyssa's fire selfie had nothing to do with that glamorous dress and EVERYTHING to do with that floor!
We've ALL been there - messy room, too tired to clean it, food discarded to the left, dirty clothes to right. Whatever.... but while some people replied with some light hearted banter, others took the opportunity to attack her negatively.
In the end, Alyssa seemed to take the whole thing with a pinch of salt - she's put the iconic picture in her Twitter header and has even set up a GoFundMe account called "Pay My Tuition and I'll Clean My Room". But she did take the time to update her followers on the effect that all the negative attention brought to her timeline.
In case any of you were wondering if my mom took your parenting advice and beat me over my room pic.twitter.com/JxZ5Rv9g12— alyssa (@og_pocahontas) January 9, 2017
I was bullied in high school & attempted suicide/was hospitalized 3 times. I've grown a lot & learned how to love myself and laugh at life.— alyssa (@og_pocahontas) January 9, 2017
Tell me to clean my room, cool. None of your business but aight. Don't tell me I'm a disgusting worthless piece of shit because I'm messy.— alyssa (@og_pocahontas) January 9, 2017
I'm laughing at this because it's funny to me, but it's really shed a light on how "drag" culture is way more harmful than I already thought— alyssa (@og_pocahontas) January 9, 2017
It DOESN'T affect me bc I don't let it, but I'm not everyone. Y'all have no regard for the fact that there's real people behind twitter avis— alyssa (@og_pocahontas) January 9, 2017
So next time, before you drag someone you don't know online, just bare that in mind. It's a great reminder for us all. Oh, and clean ya damn rooms!
ABC / via giphy.com