35 hilarious Sex Education memes that prove the Netflix series is better than sex
15 January 2019, 09:09 | Updated: 15 January 2019, 09:11
Netflix viewers are obsessed with Sex Education and the memes are iconic...
It's hard to imagine life before Sex Education. The critically acclaimed, new Netflix series may have only come out last Friday but since then it has already established itself as one of the standout teen shows of the past few years. Is the setting bizarre and completely unrealistic? Perhaps. Is the show moving, important and laugh out loud hilarious though? Yes. Besides the Sex Education world is so unique, it's charming.
What is Sex Education about though? Sex Education follows socially awkward teenager Otis Milburn (played by Asa Butterfield) and his best friend and icon Eric Effiong (Ncuti Gatwa). Otis lives in the shadow of his sex therapist mother but his whole life changes when misunderstood queen Maeve Wiley (Emma Mackey) encourages him to set up his own teen sex clinic. Chaos ensues and it's amazing, so much so that it has now inspired the most legendary memes.
From its laugh out loud script to its loveable cast and its discussion of important sexual topics to its nudity, Sex Education is literally tailor made for being meme-d, so it's no surprise that people are meme-ing every aspect of the show in the funniest ways. With that in mind, we've gathered together 33 of the best Sex Education memes for you to enjoy.
1. First things first people are summing up the series.
I will never be over the coke cans.
2. Actually a lot of people are doing this.
3. The year is a little bit confusing.
A timeless classic.
4. Actually the whole setting.
is it the 80s? is it modern day? is it an American school? british accents? who bloody knows but it was still a masterpiece #sexeducation— izz (@izzywilby) January 12, 2019
Embrace the madness.
5. Fans are getting into specific scenes...
so i made a meme 😂— #withiKONimOK (@imokwithiKON) January 13, 2019
only people who watched Sex Education can get this meme😂 pic.twitter.com/qaXk1ZXmPs
5. ...and specific characters.
Five minutes into Sex Education pic.twitter.com/7ztTy1MrAS— A🍁U🦇T🍂U🦃M🌾N🦋 (@TheAutumnBrown) January 13, 2019
I see no lies.
6. Jean Milburn really is an icon.
Talented, brilliant, incredible, showstopping, amazing, spectacular...
7. We will never be over this moment.
I would die.
8. Eric really is the heart and soul of the series though.
Otis you really did our man dirty.
9. Actually this meme sums up our love perfectly.
This is too accurate for words.
10. In conclusion...
11. Let's not forget how great Maeve Wiley is though.
12. Or the fact that Emma Mackey looks like Margot Robbie.
Has anyone actually seen them together?
13. Lily is also a star.
You can't make this up.
14. Nothing but respect for MY president.
Sex Education: A MOOD. A WHOLE FUCKING MOOD pic.twitter.com/arKSL121m6— Matthew Null (@itsmatthewnull) January 12, 2019
Honesty is the best policy.
15. Aimee is everything too.
Masturbation plus crumpets is a mood for 2019.
16. Also shout out to Steve.
Men take notes from Steve.
17. The script really deserves awards.
18. All of the awards.
Justice for Tanya.
19. It wouldn't be Sex Education without Otis though.
20. Relatable king.
21. He also said some pretty emotional things.
No. I'm not crying you are.
22. Also Netflix we are suing for that ending.
The emotional turmoil we've all experienced.
23. Give Maeve Wiley her things.
I mean also give Ola her things but...
24. In general, people are bitter about the lack of Otis and Maeve...
just finished sex education and SPOILER he finally wanks but WHERE ARE THE OTIS AND MAEVE SCENES ????????? pic.twitter.com/tu1BiC2aLs— 𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐠𝐞🕊 (@paigeyeehaw) January 13, 2019
Not one kiss.
25. Sidenote: what about Maeve and Aimee?
26. Let's not forget Adam and Eric though.
The development of this was everything.
27. The writing was on the wall.
Enemies to lovers is the best trope.
28. Just look at this moment.
Eric deserves a man who didn't bully him first though.
29. Still adorable.
30. The ending though. They didn't have to do us dirty like that.
When will Adam return from war?
31. The best shit is Otis and Eric though.
We've still not forgiven Otis tbh but look at them.
32. Also this kind of representation is so important.
Otis and Eric’s friendship on Sex Education is such a wonderful, healthy, and pure example of male friendships. There is no weird toxic masculinity bullshit or homophobia. Just pure love. pic.twitter.com/PKR3xrF8Ki— 🔮 your middlest sister 🌚 (@kissing_kate_) January 13, 2019
It's so beautiful.
33. WHAT A SHOW.
#SexEducation TALKED ABOUT MENTAL HEALTH, RACISM, LGBTQIA+, HOMOPHOBIA, SEXISM (I.E TOXIC MASCULINITY, FEMINISM), PRO-CHOICE ABORTION, AND SEX OBVIOUSLY.— camille ଡ (@multifandomlad) January 12, 2019
SEX EDUCATION IS *THAT* SERIES !!!! 2019 IS OFF TO A GOOD START. YES! MORE!!!
The intelligence that that has.
34. Is anyone else already having withdrawal symptoms?
I started Sex Education on Friday and I really finished it already pic.twitter.com/ciU9vrkE2j— clara (@joaqunphoenix) January 13, 2019
35. Bring on Season 2.
We need it now.