25 hilarious gay tweets to celebrate Pride Month
11 June 2021, 10:45
In normal circumstances, Pride month would be the time for big parades and protests around the world in the name of queer liberation, but for the second year running coronavirus has put a stop to (most of) that.
But Ms Rona can't hold us down completely! Today, LGBTQ+ folks are marking the start of Pride month with some hilarious memes, so we thought we'd round up some of the funniest tweets to get you in the mood for Pride.
1) We love a Gay Pride giveaway!
happy pride month. i will be having sex with 100 lucky fans to celebrate.— nope 🏹 (@LilNasX) June 1, 2021
2) And who can forget our favourite part of Pride month, the annual 'has Pride become too commercialised' discourse!
3) Not this!
4) This tweet is not strictly-speaking Pride-themed but it deserves to be on this list nonetheless.
me walking up to gay men I'm attracted to pic.twitter.com/lvYeozJpV5— Anya Volz (@AnyaVolz) May 31, 2021
brands and corporations on June 1st pic.twitter.com/ugVPdklejp— Louis Staples (@LouisStaples) June 1, 2021
6) This tweet is my new Out Of Office.
It’s Pride Month!! Which means for the whole of June, LGBTQ people legally don’t have to do any work 🏳️🌈🏳️⚧️♥️— jack rem x (@jackremmington) June 1, 2021
7) Yas mama boots the house down *tongue pop*
8) Never forget.
9) This tweet will be funny and/or devastating if you are, like me, still mourning Colin from It's A Sin.
10) Meanwhile, in East London...
‘How do you celebrate pride month in the uk?’pic.twitter.com/bWFQmeW46f— James Barr (@imjamesbarr) June 1, 2021
11) A warning for political parties with poor records on LGBTQ rights...just don't!
12) 'How do you do, fellow queers?'
companies on June 1st: pic.twitter.com/S8aY1coCcO— toni collette stan account (@HarryPhillips15) June 1, 2021
13) Look at moi, I've got one word to say to you Kimmy...GAY RIGHTS.
14) Shout out to all the LGBTQ allies out there, we appreciate you.
in honour of pride month here’s a small compilation of sally metcalfe being the number one lesbian ally pic.twitter.com/EmDmJR7xDB— liv🌻 (@cxrlaconnor) June 1, 2021
16) Good morning!
17) Presented without context.
18) Really hoping this image will end the 'no kink at Pride' discourse.
"no kink at pride" are you telling me you would say no TO HIM? pic.twitter.com/jFe26QXkRs— asthmatic hottie (@aouife) June 1, 2021
19) Not this!
20) I feel seen.
Pride in your 20s vs pride in your 30s pic.twitter.com/RcJmLPbLcs— gabrielle korn (@Gabrielle_Korn) June 2, 2021
21) Me every time I go to a gay bar.
23) Is the TikTok Bee Lady a gay icon now?
24) We all know that one person...
25) Personally speaking, I appreciate the effort.
“Where’s the Pride flag?”— No Context Brits (@NoContextBrits) June 9, 2021
“Fuck knows. Just put out the Twister mat.” pic.twitter.com/mG8E2sXOzN