10 Major Feels Only 17 Year Olds Will Understand
24 May 2016, 23:21 | Updated: 8 May 2017, 17:09
17 is weird, isn't it?
No one really gets what it's like to be 17 unless they are 17. You're living at home under your parents' roof but you're the closest possible thing to being an adult. Don't worry. We know your feels. Here are the real struggles every 17 year old will understand perfectly.
1) Always having to say you're almost 18 so people get that you're not a baby.
2) Being interested in politics but not being able to vote in the last election.
3) Referring to anyone younger than you as "like 12 years old."
4) Suddenly realizing that you have to be 18 to do anything remotely fun or exciting.
5) That vague feeling of dread about what happens after you turn 18 and leave school.
6) Not knowing whether to be pleased or freaked out by your parents suddenly letting you stay out a bit later.
7) But not being able to stay out late enough to have any real fun.
8) Constantly daydreaming about what it will be like to have your own apartment, money, car etc.
9) Knowing that the day you turn 18 you're either going to get a tattoo or a piercing and no one will be able to stop you.
10) The conflict of interest that is wanting your parents to see you as a grown up but also wanting them to give you money to fund your 17 year old lifestyle.