10 Things You Definitely Can't Get Away With After You Turn 18
11 July 2016, 23:10 | Updated: 8 May 2017, 17:09
Scary stories to tell in the dark
Turning 18 is probably one of the most important things you'll ever do. You'll be able to vote, buy anything you want (basically), own property and stay out as late as you want. Sure, there are plenty of great things that come along with turning 18, but there are a lot of things that you simply won't be able to get away with after you hit the big one-eight.
1) Firstly, you probably won't be able to depend on your extended family to give you money just because you're a poor baby 17 year old.
gif via giphy
2) You also won't be able to commit all those crimes you were planning on committing. (Jail time, fam)
3) Say goodbye to slyly buying a public transportation "kids ticket"
gif via tumblr
4) Suddenly, no one thinks you're cute. You're literally just a young adult and no one likes young adults. Trust me.
5) Everyone is going to be talking about jobs and working for the rest of your life so you may never have a proper summer again.
6) Your parents are going to stop booking your appointments for you so you'll need to learn how to book a dentist appointment or let your teeth fall out.
7) Kiss riding a shopping cart through the grocery store goodbye.
8) You're basically not allowed to begin any sentence with "I didn't know I wasn't supposed to..."
9) Say goodbye to getting 8 hours of sleep or more.
10) Experiencing joy? What's that?