15 Things Your 8-Year-Old Self Would High Five You For Now
30 November 2016, 13:57 | Updated: 19 June 2017, 10:33
Because we're all big kids really.
Being a kid is great, being a big kid is better. All the freedoms of an adult with all the fun of an 8-year old? That's pretty much the dream right there.
But what would your 8-year-old self say if they saw your life now? We're betting if you still do any of the following things, they'll give you a high five. They might even share their sweets with you, if you're lucky.
1. Being able to set your own bedtime.
2. You can eat whatever you like for dinner.
3. And Lucky Charms for breakfast every day – who cares if they’re not healthy!
4. And you're still slaying the lunch box game.
5. Spending loads of money without being told off by your mum = win.
6. Getting real tattoos instead of stick on ones (although those are still pretty cool too).
7. You can wear light up shoes any time you like.
8. Disney films are still your favourite films.
9. Life goals still involve living in a treehouse.
10. You know the kids menu at the restaurant is still the best.
11. You still never pass up an opportunity to pop bubble wrap.
12. When it’s late and no one’s watching, you decide to skip instead of walking.
13. It’s important to bury your friends under the sand when you hit the beach.
14. Handstands and flips in the swimming pool never get old.
15. And you still need your mum when you’re sick