18 Struggles Literally Anyone Who Has Ever Taken An Exam Will Understand
20 May 2016, 15:21 | Updated: 8 May 2017, 17:09
Hands up if your least favourite season is exam season.
Exams? Hate them. End of story. The struggle has never been realer. So if you're currently going through exam hell, this one's for you.
1) The word 'Revise' strikes absolute fear and terror into your heart.
Revise— A Level Problems (@ALevelProblems) May 19, 2016
Run 4 y
Run 4 yo
Run 4 you
Run 4 your
Run 4 your l
Run 4 your li
Run 4 your lif
Run 4 your life
2) And you know that if you fail, there's a chance that your parents will absolutely disown you.
3) You're always sure to take your teacher's advice when it comes to revision... by highlighting the key points.
4) The weeks leading up to your exam are the most stressful days of your life. Seriously.
5) And then there's that moment when you open the exam paper and it's a topic you didn't revise for...
6) Oh, and that moment when you hear people start flipping their pages but you're still on the first question.
When you hear everyone flipping the exam page over but you're still on questions 2 pic.twitter.com/i80jbc8sAt— Jay - (@JayWintage) February 19, 2016
7) You've taken the 'one sheet of notes' rule to the absolute limit more than once.
Only allowed to bring one page of notes into the exam? Challenge accepted. pic.twitter.com/vwgF7iqFEk— Naomi Barrow (@Naomi_Barrow) February 10, 2015
8) And you've tried and tested every single technique of sneaking cheats into the exam hall.
The clothes you wear when you forget to study for your geography exam... pic.twitter.com/TbBuqfza9d— University Compare (@uni_compare) February 24, 2016
9) You're all too familiar with the sinking feeling of opening your timetable and seeing two exams one after the other.
When you have two exams in one day pic.twitter.com/mJy95bJ5TZ— Exam Problems (@ExamProblems) May 18, 2016
10) But nothing is worse than having an exam clash and having to sit in isolation for the afternoon.
11) And the second you come out of that isolation, this happens...
12) You suddenly feel like a BO$$ when you manage to slip in a few *high-brow* words and phrases... there's no WAY you can fail now!
How I feel when I write 'thus' on an essay pic.twitter.com/MaCPdCA9ji— Exam Problems (@ExamProblems) May 19, 2016
13) Then there's that moment when someone goes out of their way to let everyone know they've finished and they just kill your vibe.
14) But when you're the first one that's finished, it's an entirely different story. Everything is different now.
15) There's always that ONE question that puts the strength of your entire friendship group in jeopardy.
When you come out of the exam and your friend starts telling you the answers they put pic.twitter.com/rzFKpbrGh3— NORTH WEST (@Its_North_West) May 30, 2015
16) And then comes the inevitable conversation with your parents.
17) Without a doubt, the worst part of exam season is being the last one to finish.
18) But at the end of the day, you'll come out the experience being much wiser than you were before... and full of advice for the younger generations.
If you're in year 3 and haven't started revising for your A-Levels yet, you're screwed— A Level Problems (@ALevelProblems) May 17, 2016