17 Tweets That Are Way Too Real For People Who #GrewUpWithAnxiety
6 September 2016, 15:39 | Updated: 8 May 2017, 17:09
"That overwhelming feeling of calmness when your bedroom door clicks shut."
Growing up with anxiety is tough. You're too scared to put yourself out there incase you fail, you're too busy comparing yourself to others and worrying about what others think of you. There's a CONSTANT stream of embarrassing moments swirling through your head at 100mph at all times. And yet no one quite understands how you're ever actually feeling. No one except the #GrowingUpWithAnxiety hashtag.
PSA: Send this to your friends who don't quite get how you're feeling. That way, you won't even have to utter a damn word to them at all!
1) Lets get this straight... Growing up with anxiety is WAY different to growing up shy.
2) It goes beyond being too nervous to talk to people at parties and it actually sucks.
3) And it always manages to reappear and scam you when you're least expecting it.
4) Growing up with anxiety means you're never fully willing to open yourself up to people. Not even a little bit.
5) Which makes situations like *this* even worse because only you know what you're going through.
6) Starting a new class at school or job is the most daunting thing you'll ever do.
7) And presenting something to people you don't know or trust is literally the worst thing EVERRRR.
8) People don't realise that when they tell you to "relax", it's actually the least helpful thing in the world.
9) Growing up with anxiety also meant growing up with the constant fear of someone talking about you behind your back.
10) And it isn't just "shyness" that stops you from talking to that guy, it's sheer and utter panic of putting yourself in a situation where you could fail.
11) Like, literally... no one gets it.
12) Growing up with anxiety meant there was no way in HELL you would freely engage in conversation with a stranger in a restaurant.
13) In fact, you NEVER started a conversation unless you had planned it over in your head 17 times - just to make sure you gave no one a reason to make fun of you.
14) Growing up with anxiety means you're rarely able to commit to plans and prefer being alone.
15) Even if it's with friends that you trust.
When you really wanna go out and have fun and a life but you CAN'T #GrowingUpWithAnxiety— sudeㅤㅤㅤ (@imagriernation) August 22, 2016
16) In a nutshell, growing up with anxiety means everything is. just. so. overwhelming.
#GrowingUpWithAnxiety failing expectations and everyone thinks you're an ungrateful selfish bitch but really it's just too overwhelming <<<— AYLEN (@supafff) August 3, 2016
17) But guess what? It's never too late to kick anxiety in the god damn ass!