13 Things You'll Only Know If You Grew Up With Braces
8 July 2016, 16:52 | Updated: 8 May 2017, 17:09
No one knows how to lie to a medical professional like you do.
If you've ever had the misfortune of wearing braces throughout your teenage life, then we feel you on another kind of level. We're a special bunch - one that is able unite through the pain and misery of having metal wires glued onto our teeth. Those who have never been through the experience will never truly understand our bond. And if you're currently rocking braces... unlucky, pal.
1) This was the toughest decision you've ever had to make in your entire life.
2) Having your braces tightened felt like you just stepped into the ring with a professional heavyweight boxer.
#GrowingUpWithBraces Feeling like someone punched your jaw 50 times whenever you got them tightened.— ◡̈ (@eunoia___) July 7, 2016
3) The pain... we'll never forget the pain!
4) And the level of fear that the thought of the dreaded moulds instilled in your poor teenage heart.
5) Delete your account.
6) The levels of intimacy that having braces brought along with them were... surprising and all together unwanted.
#GrowingUpWithBraces that awkward eye contact you make with your dentist when his face is literally on top of yours— Safia (@Safeeyar) July 7, 2016
7) Remember just now, about the pain of the moulds? I take that back... THIS was the worst.
#growingupwithbraces the wire always getting caught on your inner cheek and it was like being scratched by satan— Aaron (@theaaronsworld) July 3, 2016
8) No one knows how to lie to a medical professional like you do.
#GrowingUpWithBraces doubling up the rubber bands bc you haven't worn them & your appointment is coming up hoping the dentist wouldnt notice— ️️ (@sobertrust) July 7, 2016
9) When the dentist tells you can't eat something, you made damn sure you went out of your way to prove him WRONG.
#GrowingUpWithBraces eating everything that the orthodontist told me not to— jake kana (@JakeKana45) July 7, 2016
10) THE FLASHBACKS! OHHHH THE FLASHBACKS!
11) Having braces meant you were privy to some of the most incredible live-saving hacks that people without braces would NEVER be able to use!
using your rubber bands as small hair ties #growingupwithbraces— aves (@aves1104) June 17, 2016
12) And the snap of the elastics would mentally prepare you for any future physical pain you would have to endure in your life.
Nothing ever hurts more than the first snap of your elastics #GrowingUpWithBraces— jessie (@jessiedegrano) May 9, 2016
13) But you know... no silver lining will distract from the fact that it was, and still is, THE WORST.
Whatever, we rocked it anyway.