19 Things You'll Understand If You've Never Kissed Someone At Midnight On NYE
30 December 2016, 12:57 | Updated: 8 May 2017, 17:09
Why am I always the third wheel?
A kiss on New Year's Eve is said to bring good fortune to a new relationship...but what is you're not in a relationship? What if you've never been in a relationship? What does the traditional New Year's Eve kiss mean then?
Well, it means a lot of awkwardness and social anxiety. And yet here we are, NYE is within touching distance and we still don't have anyone to kiss on NYE. The next 48 hours are going to be a familiar pattern of false hope, friend's teasing and a lot of breath mints (just in case!)
1. New Year's Eve is coming and the dread is setting in. Who will you kiss at midnight?
2. Everyone is talking about who they kissed last year and you're like...
3. The mere mention of the 'K' word brings you out in hives.
4. All your friends in relationship keep bugging you about it.
5. Safe in the knowledge that they will be absolutely fine.
6. It's absolutely ok to hate your friends sometimes and NYE is definitely one of those occasions.
7. There's someone you like but there is no way in hell you would ever ask them out, let alone approach them for a kiss.
8. You're not even sure if they know you exist.
9. But they'll definitely be at the party you're going to so there *might* be a chance.
10. If your life was Hollywood film then of course this would happen...
11. But it isn't. So...
12. You spend hours thinking about what to wear. Nothing seems right.
13. You obsessively check your phone to see if *they've* messaged you. They haven't.
14. So you rock up to the party and there's only one way to get through this...
15. Or just hide in the corner until someone notices you.
16. That always works out well.
17. Then it gets to 11.59 and everybody is waiting and you're like...
18. *ding dong*
19. Better luck next year, eh?
___ ___ ___ ___ ___
YOU voted and results are in! Who won the Album of the Year at the PopBuzz Fan Awards? Listen to the #PopBuzzPodcast right here or subscribe for free on iTunes to get new episodes sent straight to your phone every Wednesday.