19 Devastating Struggles Only The Sleep Deprived Will Understand
24 November 2015, 10:58 | Updated: 8 May 2017, 17:09
*checks clock* 1AM... *closes eyes for an hour, checks clock* 1:05AM...
Not being able to sleep is one of life's saddest and most miserable struggles, and you've got the sleeping pattern of a vampire, haven't you? We're with you, pals.
1) Netflix is has become the sole reason you often find yourself in this mess...
Life before online streaming meant at least 8 hours sleep a night.
2) 75% of your tweets probably have a post-2AM time stamp on them.
There's only one thing to so if you're having a sleepless night... live tweet it.
3) You can spend AAAAAALL day feeling tired and ready for bed… but the minute you get into bed. You’re wide awake.
Life is a cruel cruel thing.
4) Many of your life altering decisions are made at night.
In fact, your production levels increase by 1000%.
5) You end up constantly refreshing your timelines in hope that someone else is awake like you.
But no one ever is.
6) You get to know the sign language presenters on the late night repeats very well.
"Oh look, it's Sally again! Hi Sally!"
7) All your friends know you’ll be awake at 2am so they call you with their problems.
But you don't answer... because YOU'RE TRYING TO SLEEP DAMMIT!
8) Another reason you can't sleep because you worry about not getting to sleep.
It's a vicious cycle.
9) And you always calculate how much sleep you have left until you have to wake up…
You're like the Rain Man of sleep calculations.
10) 'How To Get To Sleep' is probably your most googled phrase.
*nods heads as single tear falls from left eye*
11) You’ve got an entire folder full of sleep apps on your iPhone.
AND NONE OF THEM WORK.
12) You become so well adjusted to the darkness in your room, it's not even dark anymore.
May as well have kept the lights on tbh.
13) People who fall asleep as soon as their heads hit the pillow need to literally evaporate.
The Sleep Privileged are just the actual worst.
14) You know about the 2AM hunger pains.
The longer you stay awake, the hungrier you get.
15) You've been known to make terrible online purchases in your time as a mild insomniac...
There goes £100 on a Smoothie Maker I'm definitely not going to use!
16) When you hear the birds chirping, you know it’s too late.
17) And you realise that you'll be spending the rest of the day resembling a Walking Dead zombie...
It's like looking into a mirror...
18) When your alarm finally goes off, you feel like you could sleep for an eternity BUT YOU CAN’T BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO GET UP!
I hate my life.
19) If you’re reading this and it’s 2am…