RuPaul Truly Understands Your First Date Woes
13 October 2015, 17:44 | Updated: 18 January 2018, 13:50
Shantay, you stay.
First dates are a mixed bag. On the one hand, they can be really fun. Even if you're not particularly attracted to the other person, you can still have a entertaining night by swapping crazy stories. Although if you do find a Netflix and chill partner, that's obviously better.
They can also go badly. Really badly. We're not sure if things have gotten worse since the advent of dating apps but one of the most widely discussed problems are of people turning up to dates who look nothing like their profile picture (pro tip: don't be a creep, be honest about what you actually look like!)
Who better then to describe the sheer pleasure and pain of first dates than the majestic queens of RuPaul's Drag Race. They literally have a facial expression for every scenario.
1) When they turn up and they've got skanky breath.
2) When your date "surprises" you with a meal...at Burger King.
3) When your date notices something about you that you were completely unaware of.
4) When your date starts talking about their ex.
5) When you arrive and you know you're looking fly.
6) When you deliberately arrive late but your date hasn't even got there yet.
7) When they say they've never used dating apps before and you're like...
8) When you decide to be honest.
9) When you starting telling a story and your date's eyes gaze over and you realise...
10) In the middle of a date, a friend suddenly turns up and she's like...
11) When you've had enough and try to escape.
12) When your date asks to see your party trick and you're like...
13) When you've finished your drink and you just want to leave.
14) When you really like your date but you don't want to ruin it.
15) If the date doesn't go well, there is one thing you should always remember.