15 All Too Real Struggles Of Growing Up Emo
16 November 2016, 16:34 | Updated: 8 May 2017, 17:09
*g note plays once*
Emo is not dead. It will live on in all of us. Just because you can't rank your favourite tracks of the week on MySpace anymore, doesn't mean they don't still speak for your tormented heart. Right?
Further proof that you never really got out of your emo phase - you can still relate to at least five of these.
1) You actually considered getting “It’s not a phase!” tattooed to save you from saying it so often.
2) You waited a full year for Warped Tour tickets to go on sale, only to have your parents refuse to let you go.
3) Your jeans were SO tight, you once lost all circulation in them. (It was totally worth it tho.)
4) Everything was Skelanimals and nothing hurt.
5) You could - and still can - quote the entire Nightmare Before Christmas script backwards.
6) Not matter how hard you tried, you were NEVER able to do your eyeliner as well as these icons.
7) You screamed "WHAT A SHAME THE GROOM'S BRIDE IS A ..." at the top of your lungs, only to be let down by the clean version ending on more than one occasion.
8) You used MySpace and LiveJournal as your *actual* diary until an IRL friend added you on there.
"My MySpace name at one point was 'Emo Princess'". - @EliseandEarwigs— Courtney Courier (@courtneyjacquln) December 4, 2015
I am dead.
9) You cut your own bangs with kitchen scissors just so you could achieve that perfect scene kid look.
10) You've 100% used this as an actual pick-up line.
"I know how dark your soul is; I've seen your playlists." #GrowingUpEmo— S. (@sheamorrison23) November 16, 2015
11) You really felt betrayed by Gerard Way's Danger Days era look.
12) But the real blow came with news of MCR's breakup.
13) Watching this video made you really consider a future career as a wall.
14) You tried to find a username as deep and dark as your soul, but all of them were taken so you ended up being known as xXDarkSoul320857408502Xx.
15) "Oh my god, you're wearing so much black! Are you going to a funeral?" "No... I'M JOINING THE BLACK PARADE!"