7 Reasons Why Miley Cyrus Isn't Who You Thought She Was
11 May 2015, 11:28 | Updated: 8 May 2017, 17:09
Forget her twerking days!
Last week we covered Miley Cyrus' concert series for her charity The Happy Hippy Foundation. As the concert series continues on, we've actually realised that Miley Cyrus has become a pretty amazing role model.
While we're still pretty unhappy about the state of celebrities who don't get involved in social and political matters, Miley Cyrus' latest efforts are beyond exciting.
1. She's been tirelessly campaigning for homeless youth awareness.
The media never fails to disappoint. You've chosen to go after Jesse instead of covering the issue of youth homelessness :(— Miley Ray Cyrus (@MileyCyrus) August 26, 2014
While they obsesses over one homeless mans legal issue lets help the other 1.6 million homeless youth http://t.co/VE6P9yfAVX— Miley Ray Cyrus (@MileyCyrus) August 26, 2014
2. She has acknowledged that she is gender non-binary.
I didn't want to be a boy. I kind of just wanted to be nothing. I don’t relate to what people would say defines a girl or a boy and I think that’s what I had to understand. Being a girl isn’t what I hate, it’s the box that I get put into.Miley Cyrus
Hopefully this can encourage other people who feel similarly to embrace who they are.
3. Her latest Happy Hippy video features Laura Jane Grace and sheds some light on Trans visibility.
4. She doesn't get hung up on guys, which is a valuable lesson to remember.
Boys are a dime a dozen, to be honest.
5. She doesn't care what anyone thinks of her.
Which is one of the healthiest attitudes a person can have in life.
6. She is willing to give anyone a chance.
Even an obsessed super fan (Cheyne Thomas) who she hired as her personal assistant.
7. And she has a big heart, especially when it comes to animals.
And you can always trust someone who loves animals.