Halsey And Brendon Urie Friendship Evolution: An Investigation
18 April 2016, 11:21 | Updated: 27 December 2019, 15:06
From Panic! At The Disco fangirl tweets to Coachella in a few easy steps.
You know it, we know it: Halsey and Brendon Urie are basically the coolest shiny jacket wearing/rainbow haired bffs in music.
But how did we get here? Let's wind it back and track how Beebo and Halsey became the ultimate BFFs.
1) It all began with some simple tweets from a Panic! fangirl.
2) And then the album came out. And sh*t got real.
And a mutual admiration was born.
3) Soon he was praising the album to anyone who would listen.
But she managed to keep pretty chill about it.
4) Brendon covered "New Americana" on Periscope and gave it a piano-led "This Is Gospel" feel.
"Shout out Halsey, s'up Girl". S'up indeed Brendon. S'up indeed.
5) He name-dropped her to Pete Wentz on Beats 1.
6) Then he checked out her show.
And a friendship blossomed.
7) Halsey shared the Bday love.
8) And then, the duet we never knew we needed took place!
Yes, on one fateful Saturday night at the opening weekend of Coachella 2016, Halsey broke the internet, or at least our Tumblr and Instagram feeds, by bringing special guest and shirtless wonder Brendon Urie on stage for a duet over the end of "New Americana" and Panic! classic "I Write Sins Not Tragedies".
What a time to be alive.
Plus the fan art was on point!
9) Oh, and the tweets afterwards were pretty adorable too!
@halsey thank YOU for allowing a musician like me to be a part of something so great. I had a blast and you are wonderful.— Brendon Urie (@brendonurie) April 17, 2016
Serious friendship goals.
10) And a newly pink-haired H and Beebs reunited at Panic!'s show on March 29th 2017.
@halsey Luv you you're the best— Brendon Urie (@brendonurie) March 29, 2017
Halsey at the Panic! show last night pic.twitter.com/eqwnTNDud5— PopBuzz (@popbuzz) March 29, 2017
Just blessing ur timeline. pic.twitter.com/hfdQVOzYSN— PopBuzz (@popbuzz) March 29, 2017
Even Ashton Irwin was shook by the frenship.
@halsey good to see you tonight you are your happiest at a panic at the disco show lol x— ASHTON IRWIN (@Ashton5SOS) March 29, 2017
So what's next guys? Duet on the next album? Joint tour? Make it happen!