37 relaxing songs to help you through social distancing
26 March 2020, 15:51 | Updated: 26 March 2020, 15:58
A playlist to help you chill out featuring Harry Styles, Hayley Williams, Frank Ocean and Conan Gray
One the greatest things about music is its ability to change our mood. Music gives us the power to adjust and transform our environment for the better. There's nothing quite like your fave song to pick you up when you've had the worst day at work, or something soothing and calm when the world feels like it's lost the plot. Music isn't the cure for everything but it sure as hell helps!
If there was ever a time when we needed music to save us, it's now. As coronavirus spreads across the world, many countries are now introducing lockdowns, meaning people will be social distancing in their own homes for the foreseeable future. Whether you're working from home or just staying inside without a job, it's easy to get cabin fever.
Unless you're a celebrity and have a huge mansion to play in, you're probably facing the next couple of months inside the same few rooms. That can be quite a daunting and anxiety-inducing prospect for many.
But staying inside isn't the only problem. Such is the scale of the situation, there is an overwhelming deluge of news and information about coronavirus on social media. Naturally, that can be too much to deal with and can increase stress and cause further anxiety. If you're thinking 'yep that's me' then you should check out the advice from the World Health Organisation on how to look after your mental health during the coronavirus pandemic over here.
And you know what's good for decreasing stress? Music! There's actual science to prove it. That's why the PopBuzz team go together to create this playlist (nearly 2.5 hours of music) that you can put on when you need a moment to chill and block out the world.
You can also listen to the playlist on Apple Music here.
1. Harry Styles - ‘Sunflower, Vol. 6’
2. Kacey Musgraves - ‘Lonely Weekend’
3. Halsey - ‘Finally // beautiful stranger’
4. Powfu - ‘death bed (coffee for your head)’ feat. beabadoobee)
5. Kendrick Lamar - ‘LOVE’ FEAT. ZACARI.
6. Frank Ocean - ‘Ivy’
7. HAIM - ‘Summer Girl’
8. beabadoobee - ‘If You Want To’
9. Clairo - ‘Sis’
10. Conan Gray - ‘The Story’
11. The 1975 - ‘Sincerity Is Scary’
12. Taylor Swift - ‘False God’
13. SZA - ‘Drew Barrymore’
14. Calvin Harris - 'Slide' feat. Frank Ocean and Migos
15. Ryan Beatty - ‘Casino’
16. Phoebe Bridgers - ‘Garden Song’
17. Childish Gambino - ’42.26’
18. Kali Uchis - ‘After The Storm’ feat. Tyler, The Creator & Bootsy Collins
19. Mac Miller - ‘Floating’
20. Lana Del Rey - ‘Doin' Time’
21. The Internet - ‘Come Over’
22. Anderson .Paak - ‘Make It Better’ feat. Smokey Robinson
23. Peachy!, mxmtoon - ‘Falling for U’
24. Grimes - ‘Delete Forever’
25. King Princess - ‘Cheap Queen’
26. Hayley Williams - ‘Leave It Alone’
27. Troye Sivan - ‘The Good Side’
28. No Rome - ‘Pink’
29. JoJo - ‘Man’
30. Ego Ella May - ‘How Long 'Til We're Home’
31. Arlo Parks - ‘Eugene’
32. Ariana Grande - ‘ghostin’
33. Christine and the Queens - ‘People, I've been sad’
34. James Blake - ‘Can't Believe The Way We Flow’
35. Vampire Weekend - ‘Married in a Gold Rush’ feat. Danielle Haim
36. Selena Gomez - ‘Crowded Room’ feat. 6LACK)
37. Billie Eilish - ‘everything i wanted’