The 'American Horror Story' Season 8 Theme Will Be The Murder House/Coven Crossover
14 June 2018, 22:11
Ryan Murphy has confirmed the news about the crossover on Twitter.
American Horror Story fans, brace yourselves... because we have just been blessed with the official theme of season 8 and it was NOT the one we were expecting!
Fans have been speculating over the theme for the next season ever since AHS: Cult ended. There were rumours that the theme would have the title "Radioactive" and focus on nuclear power but that has since gone right out of the window because Ryan Murphy has just announced the theme aaaaaand SURPRISE! It's the long-awaited Murder House/Coven crossover!
Ryan Murphy confirmed the theme for this year's season on Twitter.
The Coven/Murder House AHS crossover season won't be happening next year...because it's happening THIS YEAR. AHS #8 WITCHES RULE THIS SEPTEMBER— Ryan Murphy (@MrRPMurphy) June 14, 2018
Given Murphy's recent interviews and comments, fans expected the crossover season to arrive on our screens in 2019 but we guess everything worked out in time and it's actually happening THIS YEAR.
Here's everything we know about the crossover season so far:
- Murphy confirmed the crossover season before Cult was even announced in 2016. At the time, he revealed in an interview with Entertainment Weekly.: "It's a character from Season 1 that will be thrust into the world that you are left with at the end of Coven, which is sort of like the male/female/witch academy."
- It will take place 18 months from now. Murphy urged the audience at an AHS FYC event to look up what would be taking place in 18 months, in October 2019.
- Sarah Paulson, Kathy Bates, Evan Peters, Billie Lourd, Billy Eichner, Cheyenne Jackson, Adina Porter and Joan Collins will all be starring.
- A lot of fan favourite actors will also be popping up throughout the season.
- Murphy is optimistic that many of the original AHS stars will come back for the crossover season, including Dylan McDermott, Connie Britton and... yes, JESSICA LANGE (!!!!)
- The tone of the show will be going back to the vibes of the original Murder House and Coven seasons. Obviously.
- Character and storyline connections will reportedly "explode in seasons seven and eight," linking everything together in much more intricate way.
- Evan Peters is playing a hairdresser and his grandmother will be played by Joan Collins.
As we left it, there were only three characters left alive at the end of Murder House; Sarah Paulson's Billie Dean Howard, the devil-spawn of Vivian Harmon and Tate Langdon, Michael and of course, the iconic Constance Langdon so it's anyone's guess as to who the season will centre around.
When Coven ended, we saw Cordelia as the new Supreme with literally almost everyone else dead... but remember, witches have the power to resurrect so literally anyone and everyone could return.
No other details about the season have been revealed but we can guarantee that it's about to go OFFFFFFF 🔥