Call Me By Your Name soundtrack: Every song featured in the Timothée Chalamet film
25 September 2019, 18:00 | Updated: 25 September 2019, 18:01
Luca Guadagnino's celebrated, Oscar-award-winning film 'Call Me By Your Name' not only features stunning performances from Timothée Chalamet and Armie Hammer, it has one of the most beautiful soundtracks going.
Set in the summer of 1983 and adapted from the novel by André Aciman, Call Me By Your Name is an evocative, coming-of-age movie that focuses on a precocious teenager named Elio (Timothée Chalamet) as he experiences love for the first time.
Visiting his family's home in Italy for the summer is scholar Oliver (Armie Hammer), who was invited by Elio's father to assist him with academic work over the break.
Asked to look after their guest, Elio starts introducing Oliver to his friends, taking him out for swims in the nearby river, and bike rides into town. It is during this time that Elio starts to explore his sexuality and recognise his feelings for Oliver go beyond friendship.
As well as featuring stunning performances from Chalamet and Hammer, and being set in the gorgeous Italian regions of Crema and Moscazzano, the soundtrack for Call Me By Your Name is a thing of beauty.
Call Me By Your Name mostly features songs by singer-songwriter, Sufjan Stevens. Stevens then went on to receive an Academy Award and Grammy nomination for his original song, 'Mystery of Love', which was written for 2017 the film.
Here's every song that features in the Call Me By Your Name soundtrack...
1) John Adams - 'Hallelujah Junction'
John Adams' piano score opens up the movie and marks Oliver's arrival at the house.
2) Ryuichi Sakamoto - 'M.A.Y. in the Backyard'
3) Loredana Bretè - 'J'adore Venise'
4) Bandolero - 'Paris Latino'
5) Frank Glazer - 'Sonatine Bureaucratique'
6) Alessio Bax - 'Zion hört die Wächter singen'
7) Giorgio Moroder, Joe Esposito - 'Lady Lady Lady'
8) André Laplante - 'Une barque sur l'océan from Miroirs'
9) Sufjan Stevens - 'Futile Devices'
10) Ryuichi Sakamoto - 'Germination'
11) F.R. David - 'Words'
12) Marco Armani - 'È la vita'
13) Sufjan Stevens - 'Mystery Of Love'
Embracing the short amount of time they have to themselves, feeling the full weight of Oliver's imminent departure, the teens go climbing near a waterfall as Stevens' beautiful ballad bleeds through the speakers.
The acoustic song is also featured in season 2 of HBO's hit TV series, Big Little Lies.
14) Franco Battiato - 'Radio Varsavia'
15) The Psychedelic Furs - 'Love My Way'
Elio agrees to take Oliver to a local disco with some of his pals. A girl takes a shining to Oliver and the two of them start dancing to 'Love My Way'.
16) Valeria Szervánszky, Ronald Cavaye - 'Le jardin féerique from Ma mère l'Oye'
17) Sufjan Stevens - 'Visions of Gideon'
The camera pans over a snow-drenched landscape, as Elio and his family prepare for Hanukkah celebrations.
Amid the festivities, the phone rings and Elio - who is wearing THE best outfit - is handed the telephone to speak to Oliver. The pair make small talk for a bit, before Oliver reveals to Elio he's engaged to a woman in America.
After hanging up the the telephone, Elio walks over the fireplace where the flames are crackling away. He crouches down and stares into the glow, allowing tears to flow and his pain to escape, as Sufjan Steven's 'Vision of Gideon' plays out.