18 times Robert Pattinson proved he was the ultimate chaotic king
10 September 2020, 17:10 | Updated: 12 November 2020, 14:47
“Have you ever had someone spit on you in a kind of erotic way?”
Robert Pattinson. Talented actor. Cinematic Icon. Absolute chaotic legend.
The Tenet actor began his career playing Cedric Diggory in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, and then – as we aaaaall know – became a reluctant heartthrob after stepping into the role of Edward Cullen in Twilight. Since then, he's gone on to star in several critically acclaimed films, with performances worthy of all the awards.
And in between all of that, he's managed to provide us with 15 years worth of viral moments, each one as chaotic as the next.
From his savage commentary on the Twilight saga to his most memorable and hilarious interviews, here are some of Robert Pattinson's finest quotes, interviews and moments on screen.
1) It's only right that we start with that iconic Twilight DVD commentary...
if the new batman is good, then great. but if it's bad, just imagine robert pattinson's dvd commentary. it's a win win pic.twitter.com/TAlot4p3j9— lucy ford⁷ (@lucyj_ford) May 17, 2019
2) Everything he's ever said about the Twilight movies, actually.
"Which one of your co-stars helped make your Twilight experience the most rewarding?" *23 seconds later* "SK-II face packs."
3) When he tried to create a new pasta dish in the microwave and ended up blowing it up.
Robert Pattinson attempting to demonstrate his “fast food version” of pasta to a GQ reporter is peak comedy, I think. pic.twitter.com/zm3lAzQD6T— ahmad (@writtenbyahmad) May 12, 2020
4) When he said he smells like crayons.
In an interview with Allure, Robert explained: "Lots of people tell me I smell like a crayon." He was then asked, "Like you're made of wax?" To which he replied: "Yes! Like I'm embalmed."
5) When he said that he used to eat pencils as a kid.
Eeeeveryone knew a kid at school who used to eat pencils. Robert is now their King.
robert pattinson saying he used to eat his pencils to make your quarantine a little better pic.twitter.com/YX0xZzfuNg— barbara 🍡 (@battinsoncullen) March 26, 2020
6) In fact, the start of this Vogue interview is just absolute God tier Pattinson chaos.
The first 15 seconds of Vogue's 24 Hours with Robert Pattinson deserved an Oscar.
7) When he did a Reddit AMA and set the bar for all future Reddit AMAs.
robert pattinson’s reddit ama was truly a Blessing pic.twitter.com/XJsnCHm4OZ— imo (@theIastpoets) May 12, 2018
8) When he took a photo with a fan and then suddenly clocked the Snapchat filter they had used.
this photo sequence makes me SCREAM pic.twitter.com/Th88OoZqiu— vanessa (@taminopattz) August 28, 2020
9) When he fell asleep during a tribute to his career at a film festival.
I would do the same.
robert pattinson falling asleep at his own film festival tribute pic.twitter.com/tiNhGshu61— best of robert pattinson (@bestpattinson) October 17, 2019
10) When he put his gum in a glass of water and then drank from it.
This? Pure chaos.
robert pattinson throwing his gum in a glass of water and then drinking from it pic.twitter.com/hFa2V5wAID— best of robert pattinson (@bestpattinson) November 29, 2019
11) When he made a very very very valid point about method actors.
DID HE LIE? (via Variety's Actors On Actors)
robert pattinson once said : pic.twitter.com/yp6B4dinyl— Patrick Verona (@MasterTarantino) September 8, 2020
12) When he asked Jimmy Kimmel if he's ever been spit on... erotically.
“Have you ever had someone spit on you in a kind of erotic way?” "It's pretty great."
13) When he said he wanted to fight the person who coined the nickname R-Pattz.
"When I got this part [in Cosmopolis], every single article that came out, was, 'R-Pattz's struggle for credibility! I don't understand who invented that thing, 'R-Pattz', I want to strangle them." (via The Guardian)
14) When he said his favourite Chick Flick was Chicken Run.
Top 10 Robert Pattinson moments if you ask me. (0:16 in the video below. You're welcome.)
15) When he said he thinks boring people should go to prison.
When asked how he would run the world if he was king back in a 2012 interview, he said: "I'd prohibit boring people. In my opinion there is nothing worse. The people who were boring should be in prison and be forced to learn to be creative with the other prisoners."
16) When he said that he bored his own stalker.
He told Creme magazine: “I had a stalker while filming a movie in Spain last year. She stood outside of my apartment every day for weeks – all day every day. I was so bored and lonely that I went out and had dinner with her. I just complained about everything in my life and she never came back."
17) When he forgot who Emma Watson was.
The Goblet of Fire behind-the-scenes featurette is almost as good as the Twilight DVD commentary, tbh.
18) And now for the pièce de résistance... When he made up a story about a dead clown on live television.
While promoting Water For Elephants, Robert told The Today Show's Matt Lauer that the first time he went to the circus one of the clowns died. When Lauer pressed him on the story, he said that the clown's little car exploded.
At the Berlin premiere for the film, he then confessed that the story was a lie he'd completely made up live on TV.