Even MORE Marvel Characters Died Off-Screen In "Infinity War" And You're Gonna Scream
14 May 2018, 14:20 | Updated: 8 August 2019, 12:11
The Russo brothers have teased the fates of 10 characters in the MCU and it's not great for some of them...
Have you recovered from Avengers: Infinity War yet? No? Good. Here's some more devastating news: The Russo brothers have now revealed which characters from the MCU died off-screen after Thanos wreaked havoc on the universe and it's not great.
In an interview with the Huffington Post, the directors spilled the tea on those who kicked the bucket off-screen, those that survived the chaos and those whose fate will remain under-wraps until Avengers 4 because it's all a bit too spoiler-y.
Yep, in addition to everyone who bite the dust (literally) at the end of Infinity War, it turns out there's a few more characters that we're probably never gonna get to see live to fight another day - unless Capitan Marvel has a plan up her sleeve that turns piles of ash into human beings again.
SPOILERS AHEAD - OBVIOUSLY!
Here are the characters that DEFINITELY died off screen:
- The actor who played Loki in the Asgardian play in Thor: Ragnarok. No offence, Matt Damon but, we're not gonna lose sleep over this one. No word on Luke Hemsworth's Thor though - maybe him and actor Odin survived? (Nah, they're defo dead.)
- Betty Ross. Betty was last seen in 2008's Incredible Hulk and was apparently rumoured to appear in Infinity War but... nope. She's toast now. Let it go.
- Lady Sif. She's toast too. Which sucks because I'd pay a lot of money to see Lady Sif and Valkyrie join forces to destroy the lives of men. BRING BACK, MY LADY SIF.
Here are the characters that DEFINITELY survived Thanos' messy drama:
- Howard The Duck from both of the Guardians Of The Galaxy films. It looks like he'll be back for Guardians Vol. 3 too. FFS.
- Aunt May. She's good. She's wrapped up safe in Queens. I don't wanna be there when Tony tells her about Peter though...
- Nakia. The Russo brothers hinted that she was probably off on a mission somewhere far away from Wakanda.
- Valkyrie. It was confirmed that Valkyrie survived in a Q&A with Joe Russo after escaping with a few other Asgardians.
- Pepper Potts. Ya girl Pepper is safe, according to the brothers. In fact, Gwyneth Paltrow might have even spilled the tea about an upcoming storyline in Avengers 4 involving Tony Stark and a very small baby... 👀
And here are the characters whose fates are too spoiler-y to reveal:
- Jane Foster who hasn't been seen since Thor: The Dark World in 2013. Apparently, revealing her status could be considered a "potential spoiler,” so there's a chance she may be reunited with Thor in the future. INTERESTING.
- Korg and Miek. Apparently too spoiler to spill the tea.
- Shuri, also apparently too spoiler-y to confirm or deny whether she's safe. We never saw her at the end of the battle in Wakanda but considering she's been pitched as a potential replacement for the Black Panther, she probably managed to escape with Vision's data backed up on a device in her pocket.
- Ned. EXCUSE ME BUT IF NED IS DEAD, I'M SUING MARVEL.