This Is How Tumblr Reacted To Benedict Cumberbatch's Surprise Engagement
4 November 2014, 14:27 | Updated: 8 May 2017, 17:09
It's going to be a big day.
Exciting news: Benedict Cumberbatch announced his engagement to Sophie Hunter today.
The couple did it in the Times newspaper. Benedict's so amazing and old school like that.
Naturally, the global news media are expecting fans of the Sherlock star to be heartbroken rather than happy, but this is not quite the case for Tumblr fans.
Firstly, anyone who follows the fandom, at least the Tumblr fandom, would know that Tumblr users subscribe to a certain school of thought.
It's pretty simply, right? And they are really happy about the engagement news, like REALLY happy.
1) There have been a lot of Bunny and Top Gear GIFS on Tumblr celebrating the couple's news. Like this post from BackStreetBabes.
I’M JUST SO HAPPY ABOUT BENEDICT BEING ENGAGED
2) There is only one way to toast Benedict and moriarty221b nailed it with this.
To Benedict, To Sophie, To Love and Hapiness,
3) As demonstrated by Tumblr user tickled-pinkmoodpoisoning, Johnny Depp is excited as well.
4) Meanwhile, some users, including greglestrade, are already busy baby planning.
4) There has been lots of congratulatory fan art.
5) "MY SON".
So listen up global news. They are happy. H-A-P-P-Y.