Want To Write For PopBuzz? Join PopBuzz Community!
16 September 2016, 17:31 | Updated: 8 May 2017, 17:09
Yaaassss it's time to get that PopBuzz byline.
Introducing PopBuzz Community - a chance for all of you PopBuzz stans to share your excellent ideas, commentary and weird findings from around the web with our like-minded audience.
On PopBuzz community, you can submit a news story, listicle, quiz, essay or any other piece of content you think the world needs to see to PopBuzz HQ and if we like it, we'll publish it on Pop-Buzz.com.
Here’s how it works:
- Write your content complete with direct links to any gifs, tweets, Instagram posts or other embeds you want to include - clearly sign-posting where they belong in the article - and your piece's headline (or multiple headline ideas) in a word document.
- If you want to create a quiz for Pop-Buzz.com, we use a third party tool called PlayBuzz. Simply create an account, create your quiz and ping us the link along with the accompanying copy in a world document.
- Read the PopBuzz community terms and conditions in full - we will want to you to confirm you've read them at the time of submission.
- Send your word document and acknowledgment of reading the PopBuzz Community t&cs to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If we like what we see, we'll email you letting you know that we've decided to publish your post! We can’t promise that we will publish every post we receive from you guys, but we promise we will take a look and choose our favourites to feature on Pop-Buzz.com!
Some things you need to know:
- PopBuzz community is a chance for you to share the funny, interesting and weird things you’ve found on the web/ created from your own brain with other, like-minded people. If you send your work to email@example.com, you’re acknowledging that we don’t pay you, the creator, any fees (no $$ here).
- We will credit you with a byline and link back to your Twitter/ Instagram/ Tumblr account or website, just include the link to your profile in the email you send over.
- Sometimes although the articles we receive are awesome and we’d LOVE to publish them, they’re not *quite* right for PopBuzz. So be prepared for us to make a few changes to your work before we publish it on Pop-Buzz.com. If you’re not happy for us to edit anything in the piece you send over, please clearly state that in your email.