31 iconic Beyoncé memes inspired by her Homecoming documentary on Netflix
17 April 2019, 18:00 | Updated: 17 April 2019, 18:31
A meme review of Beyoncé's incredible Netflix documentary Homecoming...
Beyoncé is no stranger to breaking the internet. Over the course of her historic career, the 37-year-old star has mastered the art of stopping the world (carry on). 'Single Ladies (Put a Ring On It)'. A viral moment. BEYONCÉ? A game-changing release. Lemonade? An artistic triumph. In this unpredictable universe, there is one thing that we can all rely on; Beyoncé never fails us. Homecoming proves just that and, understandably, fans are living for it.
Check out our Homecoming meme review below.
Homecoming is, in Netflix's words, an "intimate, in-depth look at Beyoncé's celebrated 2018 Coachella performance", which documents "the emotional road from creative concept to cultural movement". Beyoncé already stunned us all with Beychella in 2018 but Homecoming takes it to new levels with impeccable filming and a first-hand view of how Beyoncé managed to put it all together. Homecoming shows a genius at their peak and it's glorious.
If that weren't enough, Beyoncé also gives us a glimpse into her personal life (Blue, Sir Carter and Rumi each have adorable cameos) and accompanied the film with a live album including a studio version of 'I Been On' and a brand new Maze cover of 'Before I Let Go'. We've been blessed. Naturally, fans have meme-d every single moment, so, without further ado, here lies a meme by meme recap of Homecoming.
1. Let's start with the huge anticipation before it dropped.
And what about it?
2. Although some people were pressed about the time.
it’s so violent, homophobic and RACIST that i have to go to work when there is two hours of fresh beyoncé content for me to consume on netflix— she’s back 🧜🏾♂️ (@fka_j) April 17, 2019
A queen doesn't abide by anyone else's schedule.
3. Dissertations will be written about that opening.
beyoncé: *stands still on stage*— GIFLord DanielléDASH (@DanielleDASH) April 17, 2019
THE NEFERTITI ENTRANCE. THE COSTUME STAGE. THE PAUSE ON STAGE.
4. Did everybody see the transitions?
And the Academy Award for best editing goes to.
5. A moment of appreciation for the 'Lift Every Voice and Sing' rendition.
Mrs. Knowles-Carter really did the black national anthem at white ass Coachella and I pic.twitter.com/r8pAvQIAiY— Cognac Queen✨ (@StoopidWild88) April 17, 2019
Beyoncé was not playing.
6. Also the Maya Angelou quotes?!
Legends supporting legends.
7. HBCU students and graduates are feeling seen.
Beyoncé: “I’ve always dreamed of going to an HBCU.”— Sylvia (@SylviaObell) April 17, 2019
Me, an HBCU grad: pic.twitter.com/MWGyRsxdIq
The entire performance was a dedication to HBCU culture.
8. Beyoncé really did a "suck on my balls" step routine.
cannot believe i forgot that a year ago beyonce did a step routine to the line “suck on my balls”— brittany spanos (@ohheybrittany) April 17, 2019
9. Also this iconic quote.
The power that that has.
10. People are losing it over the 'Everybody Mad' dance break.
she could have made a doc just about diva/everybody mad— doreen st. félix (@dstfelix) April 17, 2019
I would like to see it.
11. Beyoncé talking about her pregnancy complications is getting to fans.
She went through so much and we didn't even know.
12. Others are shook at how quickly she started rehearsing after giving birth.
Talented, brilliant, incredible, amazing, showstopping, spectacular...
13. Beyoncé really sounds like the best mother.
"Just trying to figure out how to balance being a mother of a six-year-old and of twins that need me and giving myself creatively and physically (...) It's not like before when I could rehearse 15 hours straight. I have children, I have a husband, I have to take care of my body." pic.twitter.com/wfUirP9wpq— Beyoncé Visuals (@VISUALYONCE) April 17, 2019
She is the mother I never had.
14. And she really lived up to her 'Run the World (Girls)' lyrics.
15. Not only that but she told us how she got her body.
Me: wow Beyoncé, you look incredible. How do I get a body like that?— vic sanusi (@victoriasanusi) April 17, 2019
16. We might have to take a pass on that one.
We don't know how she does it.
17. Still JAY-Z needs to put some respect on Beyoncé's name.
Jay Z is not serious, Beyonce got back into her Formation outfit post-twins pregnancy and after months of no carbs, no meat, no dairy, no alcohol and all he has to say is “alright!” 🙄😂 #BeyonceHomeComing pic.twitter.com/dR5urFSZtu— visionary (@Chyna_Williams) April 17, 2019
The way she hung up as soon as she realised he wasn't gassed. We stan.
18. The hive is ready to fight.
19. Did we all see this part?
"it's time to go home. to my fifty eleven chirren." COME ON BLACK QUEEN #beyoncéHomecoming— ✰ (@pxyonce) April 17, 2019
What a woman.
20. OPERATIC VOCALS!!!
A capital S-I-N-G SINGER.
21. Jay actually came out for 'Deja Vu'.
when deja vu turns into green light pic.twitter.com/837UhNX3uU— hunter harris (@hunteryharris) April 17, 2019
This song never gets old.
22. DESTINY'S CHILD! DESTINY'S CHILD!! DESTINY'S CHILD!!!
Name a more iconic trio. I'll wait.
23. Beyoncé talking about Destiny's Child too.
No. I'm not crying. You are.
24. The Solange break down to 'Get Me Bodied'. The flavour.
My relationship with my sister is literally the same as Beyonce’s and Solange’s. The love, the stanning, the closeness😭❤️ exactly the same years apart and we too have foolish half siblings.— #TheBigOBook (@Oloni) April 17, 2019
25. AND 'LOVE ON TOP' FOR THE FINALE?!
Imagine ending a set with one of your most vocally challenging songs.
26. That's not all though...
A generous queen.
27. Seriously this rendition slaps.
Song of the summer.
28. There's actually EVEN more though.
When you wake up and there's a new Beyoncé album pic.twitter.com/guVHqcqBDx— The Gay Burn Book (@SouthernHomo) April 17, 2019
Yes. An entire live album of Beychella with 'Before I Let Go' and 'I Been On' included.
29. We need time to process this.
Me: I’m done unnecessarily calling off work— Joshua Chenault (@joshuachenault1) April 17, 2019
*Beyoncé drops documentary and ALBUM*
Also me calling work faking an illness: pic.twitter.com/lzdWL5GjMp
Work can wait.
30. Beyoncé really out here doing things only she could do.
Beyoncé has a 19.99 live album from a festival from last year at #1 on iTunes. pic.twitter.com/rMlujq1ZSX— KED (@kedtoolegit) April 17, 2019
She did THAT.
31. In conclusion...
@Beyonce Documentary #HOMECOMING was everything and more than what I thought it would be it was definitely something you wouldn’t expect the film also came with a Live Album something we haven’t received in almost 10 years definitely a 10/10 @netflix #HOMECOMINGBEYONCE— BEYONCÈ (@VaultOfBey) April 17, 2019
...we need to watch it again.