All 43 hidden Sparrow Academy symbols in Umbrella Academy season 2
11 August 2020, 22:00
EASTER EGG ALERT: Did you manage to spot every single hidden Sparrow Academy symbol in season 2?
The Umbrella Academy is known for scattering easter eggs and hidden references throughout the show, but in season 2, they might have just pulled off their best one yet.
If you've already finished The Umbrella Academy season 2, you'll know that the ending is quite the bombshell. But it turns out the whole thing was hinted the entire way through, right under our noses. Allow us to explain...
WARNING: Spoilers for The Umbrella Academy season 2 ahead!
Eagle-eyed fans of the show will know that birds appear as a significant motif throughout the series. Some are more prominent than others, but in season 2, there's a number of hidden Sparrow Academy logos that you definitely missed on your first viewing.
It's been revealed that there's 43 to find... did you manage to spot them all? Find the locations of every single sparrow symbol below.
READ MORE: A guide to Harlan's powers in The Umbrella Academy season 2
i have a little secret from @SteveBlackmanTV for u all....let us know what you find 👀👀 pic.twitter.com/mUW9OtsqV5— Umbrella Academy (@UmbrellaAcad) August 6, 2020
Hidden Sparrow Academy logos in episode 1
1) On the Dairy Goods truck that the Swedes steal.
You can spot the very first hidden sparrow on the side of the dairy truck. In episode 6, another truck appears on screen but the sparrow logo is missing.
2) On the left as the camera pans down a hallway toward Diego
You can peep it just inside the bathroom, above the sink.
3) On the record Harlan puts on.
There's a sparrow right in the middle of the record.
4) Behind in the bar that Klaus walks in to.
There's a symbol on the left of the screen, on what looks like a beer pump behind the bar.
Hidden Sparrow Academy logos in episode 2
5) On the US Mail bin outside the Carousel Club.
You can see it to the left of the screen when Carl is slumpsed against the phone box.
6) On a piece of paper in Elliott's office.
As Five is listening to a radio report of two fugitives (Diego and Lila), it appears just to the right.
7) On the white bread bin next to Diego as he's watching the Frankel footage with Five.
This one randomly appears before disappearing again.
8) On the fridge at the Swedes' house.
You can spot it to the right as Axel is cooking.
9) On a piece of paper, seen under the invite to the Mexican Consulate party that Five holds up.
The next sparrow logo is seen amongst paper work in Sir Reginald Hargreeves' office.
Hidden Sparrow Academy logos in episode 3
10) On the paper next to the typewriter in the police station.
As Ben persuades the guard to release Raymond, the logo can be clocked just to the left of the typewriter.
11) On the bath towel to the left of The Handler when she’s in the bath.
There's also a little bird perched on her headscarf.
12) On the paint cans in the Hardware store.
As Klaus goes to buy paint, you can see find one sparrow symbol hidden amongst the tree symbols on the paint cans.
13) On the room service menu at the hotel where Lila meets The Handler.
The sparrow motif is scattered around the hotel room where The Handler is staying.
14) In the pet store, next to the poster for cat food.
There's a sparrow on a bag of food on the shelf in the pet store, just above the fish tank as Lila walks in and strokes the puppy.
Hidden Sparrow Academy logos in episode 4
15) On the wooden box on The Handler’s desk.
This is the first time we see the sparrow logo inside The Commission. This is also a flashback scene.
16) On the door of the liquor store that Klaus stumbles in to.
There's a small red sticker stuck on the door amongst the other signs.
17) On the wall in the kitchen at the Mexican Consulate.
You can clock this one just as the Swedes take the food out to the guests at the party.
Hidden Sparrow Academy logos in episode 5
18) On a piece of paper next to Pogo’s drawing on Hargreeves’ desk.
The logo is scattered amongst paper work for the moon capsule.
19) On the back of the door when Lila enters the hotel room.
This one is small – it's at the top of the sign on the back of the door.
20) On the vacuum in the Swedes' house.
This one is a little more difficult to spot, as it's hidden on the vacuum.
21) On the Nu-shol paints sign.
You can see it as Lila and Five enter the paint factory.
22) On the bottle of wine in Sissy and Carl's house.
When Vanya realises that Sissy and Carl slept together, you can see it on the neck of the bottle.
Hidden Sparrow Academy logos in episode 6
23) On the calendar in the salon that Allison works at.
Peep this one just above the radio toward the start of the episode.
24) On the 'wear goggles' sign at the paint factory.
This one is just to the right of Lila as she's sitting on a box.
25) On a sign in the store that Allison and Raymond go to.
There's a symbol on a sign where all the shoes are, just behind the salesman.
26) On the banner at the Bingo Blitz.
What does it meaaaaan?
27) On the note that The Handler gives to Five, telling him the location of The Commission Board.
This logo disappears when Five reads the same piece of paper at the start of episode 7.
Hidden Sparrow Academy logos in episode 7
28) On the Pogo candy bar in the vending machine.
As Five tries to buy some candy from the machine, you can see a little sparrow in the word "gogos".
29) On the fire axe sign.
You can spot it as Five goes to grab the axe.
30) On Vanya’s suitcase.
This one is a real blink-and-you'll-miss-it moment. It's hidden on the bottom of Vanya's case as she's packing it at Sissy's house.
31) On a brown paper bag as Klaus is running down the alleyway.
When Klaus is trying to remove Ben, there's a sparrow to the left of him on some trash down an alleyway.
Hidden Sparrow Academy logos in episode 8
32) On a trash bin in the alley way where Klaus vomits out Ben.
As Klaus approaches Ben, you can peep the symbol on the right of your screen, stuck on the big green bin.
33) On Hargreeves’ chalkboard in his secret room.
As Grace investigates the secret room in Hargreeves' office, there's a logo in the top left corner.
34) On a Kennedy poster in the bar where Five and Luther meet Old man Five.
This one disappears a few frames later and is not seen in the scene again, despite the poster being in the shot.
35) On the phone at the FBI building.
This one can be seen to the left of the frame as the guard stands at the desk.
Hidden Sparrow Academy logos in episode 9
36) On the bridge when Luther is walking with Old Man Five.
This one passes by in a flash. There's a rusty logo on the steel bridge, right by Luther's shoulder.
37) On Harlan's drawing when Sissy finds him in a trance.
As Sissy runs into Harlan's room, there's a big sparrow symbol on Harlan's painting which sits just over her shoulder.
38) On a piece of paper in Five’s briefcase.
When Old man Five opens his briefcase as he's about to shoot JFK, you can see the logo just above Vanya's book.
39) On The Commission's kill order for Lila's parents.
You can see the logo as The Handler stamps the kill order in a flashback, but it disappears when Lila holds up the piece of paper.
Hidden Sparrow Academy logos in episode 10
40) On the tractor that Diego and Five hide behind.
As the Commission attacks the siblings at the barn, Diego and Five hide behind a red tractor. You can see the symbol to the right.
41) On the bottle of liquor that Raymond drinks.
As Ray walks over the table to read Allison's goodbye letter, you can see the sparrow logo on the bottle as he places it down.
42) On the bus that Dave gets on.
As Dave looks back before boarding the bus, there's a symbol just above the window.
43) On the back of Jack Ruby's TV.
As the camera pans up to find Jack watching the JFC assassination unfold, there's a little sparrow logo on the back of the device.