25 hilarious Russian Doll memes that are as iconic as the Netflix series
4 February 2019, 17:38 | Updated: 4 February 2019, 17:47
Netflix's Russian Doll has inspired the funniest memes...
Netflix is giving us life right now. The video streaming service never fails us but in the past few weeks alone, the platform has blessed us with some of its best content yet. From wild hit thrillers about stalkers (we're still not over YOU) to heart-warming teen comedies about sex (Sex Education slaps), we've spent a huge part of 2019 bingeing new series and we wouldn't have it any other way.
Now, Netflix has come through with another iconic new series. On Friday (Feb 1), they dropped Russian Doll and the internet is obsessed. Russian Doll tells the story of Nadia (Natasha Lyonne), as she finds herself dying and reliving the night of her 36th birthday party again and again. It's brilliant, funny and moving and comes through with enough surprises to make its premise work.
Check out the funniest Russian Doll memes below.
Unsurprisingly, like any beloved Netflix series, Russian Doll has already provided its fair share of hilarious memes. People are turning moments from the show into iconic viral moments. From those poking fun at Nadia's newfound fear of stairs (I mean, it's valid), to those simply thirsting over Alan (Charlie Barnett really came through in this role), Russian Doll is meme gold.
With that in mind, we've scoured the internet and gathered just a few of the best ones so far.
1. Let's start with an out of context meme.
How is this so spot on?
2. Now let's talk about those stairs.
3. To be fair it's not just Nadia who's cautious now.
I will never walk down a set of stairs in the same way again.
4. Maxine is also perfect meme fodder.
Why is she literally like this?
5. She is perfect.
A living legend.
6. Let's give Nadia her dues though.
7. A relatable queen.
really thankful for Natasha Lyonne in “Russian Doll.” finally a character that walks as fast and psychotically as me on a daily basis.— nolan (@auntanxiety) February 2, 2019
8. A moment of appreciation for the important extras.
They have not fought in vain.
9. Did we all catch this essential moment.
when Natasha Lyonne touches a Russian doll in RUSSIAN DOLL pic.twitter.com/Xlxw6plY07— john ratzenberger stan account (@bkkirby) February 3, 2019
10. A very important question.
Also Russian Doll is great but is that party happening on a Sunday night? Are these people all out of their fucking minds?— Seamas It Ever Was (@shockproofbeats) February 3, 2019
A party?! The night before work?! NOT ON MY WATCH.
11. We couldn't do what Nadia does tbh.
Brilliant. Resilient. Fan mail from 27 million.
12. Some fans can't get over THAT scene.
We see no lies.
13. Okay. A lot of fans can't get over THAT scene.
14. Anyone else know this song by heart now?
Word for word.
15. People behind the scenes really did THAT.
The person in charge of continuity for Russian Doll deserves a gold medal.— Danielle Nussbaum (@daniellenuss) February 3, 2019
16. Also the casting. Can I get an amen?
I don't know a better cast.
17. Black Mirror: Bandersnatch is getting dragged.
And now we said it.
18. Why do emojis sum up people so well?
19. The script is a work of art.
Russian Doll got (v good) jokes pic.twitter.com/90JYDxE3c6— Matt Jacobs (@tarantallegra) February 3, 2019
If you know, you know.
20. The greatest child of all time.
We love her.
21. The series is full of life mantras tbh.
"THE UNIVERSE IS TRYING TO FUCK WITH ME. AND I REFUSE TO ENGAGE" 2019 mood #RussianDoll— elle (@666bitchcraft) February 1, 2019
This is the energy we're rolling with for 2019.
22. This shouldn't make as much sense as it does.
Just when you thought...
23. Can we just give Natasha Lyonne all of the awards?
The way Natasha Lyonne says “cockroach” is revolutionary #RussianDoll— Alyssa Wooldridge (@alyssawool) February 2, 2019
Talented, brilliant, incredible, amazing, showstopping, spectacular.
24. She really did the damn thing.
This is definition of big dick energy.
...bring on Season 2.